Easter brunch is a true concept in the Netherlands; every year friends and family come together to share a moment of gathering and a nice lunch. Easter eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice and Easter stollen and bread. In short, a lot of temptations that you do not have when you are on a keto diet!
Eat keto but still enjoy brunch? Especially for the feast of the resurrection, we collected the three most delicious keto recipes for your Easter brunch. With an appropriate dessert, because such a copious brunch is of course not complete without an Easter dessert.
This will be the menu:
- Broccoli salad with bacon
- Keto crackers with cheese and seeds
- Chocolate mousse with whipped cream and nuts (because after all it is Easter and everyone eats chocolate)
Broccoli salad with bacon
- Large sprout of broccoli – preferably an organic one (there is more flavor to it)
- Red onion. Certainly one big one, but it should not dominate
- Cup of bacon or bacon, whatever you like or already have at home
- Handful of pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons Belgian mayonnaise (that AH weck jar: 0.0 khd)
- 1 teaspoon of ketogenic oil
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- Handful of walnuts and / or cranberries
- Wash the broccoli, cut the stems very small and put them in a bowl
- Cut a red onion into very small pieces and add it to the broccoli
- Fry the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until brown (watch out, suddenly they are brown!)
- Remove the pine nuts from the pan and fry the bacon in the same pan. Put the fire up: burn baby burn !. Are they brown? Then the bacon in the bowl can also be added
- Make the dressing from mayonnaise, oil, vinegar and sweetener. The result should be sweet / sour. Put the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Dress it up nicely with some walnuts and maybe a few cranberries
Keto crackers with cheese and seeds
Fotocredit: Kat Martinez
- 3 eggs
- 150 gr young matured grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon Flemish mayonnaise (from the AH)
- 2 large tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder – or a small bag from the supermarket
- 70 gr blond linseed whole
- 70 gr sunflower seeds
- 70 gr sesame seeds
These crackers are delicious with cheese or smoked meat, but also delicious with a homemade tuna, chicken or egg salad
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees
- Mix all ingredients
- Spread that mass thinly on an oven plate (lined with baking paper, otherwise you will be washing the rest of the Easter days)
- Bake the plate in the oven for 35 minutes and cut the plate into pieces halfway through the baking time.
- Some ovens are heavier than usual, so keep an eye out for crackers so they don’t get too dark.
Chocolate mousse with whipped cream and nuts
- 400 dl unbeaten and unsweetened whipped cream
- 100 gr mascarpone
- Coffee spoon MCT oil
- Cocoa powder
- Decorations: nuts or almond shavings
- Optional: smartphone with camera
- Make 200 dl whipped cream, sweetener and mascarpone with a mixer into a mousse. Then add the cocoa powder so that the mousse darkens and tastes like chocolate. Finally, add a teaspoon of MCT oil for much needed energy
- Beat the remaining cream until stiff and season with some sweetener
- Make the almonds or nuts (or whatever you have in ons stock) small so that you get shavings
- Make a nice bowl, put a whipped cream on it and make a nicely exposed photo of the whole for Instagram. Enjoy your meal!