MCT powder is an easy and delicious way to consume more fat. MCT powders are available in plain and even flavoured versions (vanilla or chocolate for example). They can be easily diluted in a hot drink, and provide a very quick boost of fat and energy.
But did you know that you can also cook with it? MCT powder can be used in many dishes to add fat, balance macros and improve the texture of the dish! Here are two super simple and delicious recipes to consume more fat with MCT powder!
- VANILLA CHAI LATTE
What do you need?
- Chai spice mix
- 2 doses of MCT powder (28g), preferably flavoured.
- If you use plain MCT powder, you will need to add a few drops of stevia
- 15g of ghee
- Optional: one dose of collagen
- Brew the spice mixture
- Use a blender, add the MCT Powder, the Ghee, the Collagen (optional)
- Add the well infused chai, and the stevia if your MCT Powder is not flavoured
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency
- Enjoy your drink warm!
This drink contains 30g of fat: it is ideal as a snack, to stabilise your blood sugar and it will give you energy and satiety. It can also be used as breakfast if you have added collagen.
2. WHITE CHOCOLATE COCONUT-VANILLA BARS
What do you need for 3 thin bars?
- 100g raw cocoa butter
- 20g ghee
- 60g MCT vanilla powder
- 30g of grated coconut
- 12 drops of natural or flavoured stevia
- 3 silicone moulds in the shape of a chocolate bar
- Melt the cocoa butter and ghee with heat
- Meanwile, roast the grated coconut in the oven for 5-10 minutes until they get brown
- Add the MCT Powder to the cocoa butter and ghee, and mix well. (If your powder is unflavoured, add the stevia drops)
- Add the grated coconut from the oven, and mix well again
- Taste and adjust the sweetness of the mixture by adding a little stevia if necessary
- Pour into the moulds, and leave to cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours before eating
Johanne / SuperKeto