The On Call® Ketone Control Solution contains a known concentration of β-Ketone. It is used to confirm that your On Call® Blood Ketone Test Strips and On Call® GK Dual Blood Glucose & Ketone Meter are working together properly and that you are performing the test correctly
You should perform a Ketone quality control test:
- Before you first use your meter to test blood β-Ketone, to familiarize yourself with its operation.
- Before using a new vial of On Call® Blood Ketone Test Strips.
- When you suspect that the On Call® GK Dual Blood Glucose & Ketone Meter or On Call® Blood Ketone Test Strips are not working properly.
- When you suspect that your blood β-Ketone test results are inaccurate, or if they are inconsistent with how you feel.
- When you suspect your meter is damaged.
- After cleaning your meter.
Three levels of Ketone control solution are available labeled Control Solution 0, Control Solution 1 and Control Solution 2. Control Solution 1 is sufficient for most all self-testing needs. If you think your meter or strips may not be working correctly, you may also want to do a level 0 or level 2 test.
Each bottle of control solution can be used for 6 months after you first open it. The control solution will expire 6 months after the bottle is opened for the first time. Record this opened expiration date on the bottle label.
See page 17 of the manual